On the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I pause to remember what I was doing on that day. I was a Junior at SFA in Nacogdoches. I woke up early (well, it was early for a college student) because it was Student Government Election Day and I was running for Junior Class Representative. I stopped by the post office at approximately 8 AM to mail some letters and I heard some of the first reports that a plane had hit one of the towers. It was a short blurb and of course, they didn't realize the severity of the situation at the time. I went to campus to campaign and people were talking about it outside the buildings. I went to my 9:15 AM Business Communication class with Dr. Betty Johnson and we had class as normal but got out about 10 minutes early. She never let us out early. She said she wanted us to be able to go home and watch TV and find out what was going on. I went home to my apartment and watched the events unfold on TV with my roommate, Megan Conner. I remember feeling shock and uncertainty, but I felt safe in Nacogdoches, TX. I can't remember what we did that evening. I think we stayed in for the night. I thank God every day for our 'unsung' heros, especially firefighters and policemen. I thank God that I live in a country where I am free and protected by the world's best military. I thank God for my family and friends. God bless the USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment