skip to main |
skip to sidebar
LOVE
The Parker family lit the candle of love this morning at church as part of our Advent service at SVUMC.
Fast forward to this evening... Lane, Luke, Nana (Nevie), and I went to the Concho River Christmas Lights exhibit. We tried to pay our $5 entry fee and the car ahead had already paid for us. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me at any venue (restaurant, event, or otherwise).
On the way home I asked Lane if he knew any songs about Jesus. He said 'yes' and I asked him to sing it for us. He sang 'Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me'. Does it get any sweeter than that? Was I upset that he didn't know the words to a song I have been singing him since he was an infant? Of course not! I was so happy he got the message of the song.
I just wish at this time of Advent and ALL through the year, that we would keep in mind what is important. Jesus LOVES us! LOVE your neighbor! It's so simple!
This Christmas, I am going to focus on love and peace. Peace be with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment