Dear Lane,
You are a full-blown toddler now, complete with temper tantrums, attitude, and total melt-downs. Along with the negative 'challenges' of toddlerhood, there are the WAY COOL things that go along with you being more independent and smart. You are more expressive now and learning new things every day. You can now 'gimme five' and blow kisses, although you don't do the latter on command just yet. You are also now 'helping' me dress you by extending your arm through the arm holes.
We had a great month. You traveled to Dallas with me to host a twins baby shower for Michael and Tiffany. I did the trip solo, which was interesting. You did pretty well in the car, but after about hour three, you had a slight melt-down. I just kept driving. There was nothing I could do to make you happy. You did great at the shower. You were really interested in the balloons. It was a really windy day, but it was a nice shower and I think Tiffany and Michael enjoyed seeing all their friends that turned out to celebrate Gabe and Finn's arrival. They were born this summer and will be discharged from the hospital sometime soon...hopefully this week. They are cutie pies!! After the shower, we headed south to Waco for the Annual McCall pumpkin carving contest. I carved a pumpkin for you and you won an award!! You wore your lion Halloween costume for about 2 minutes. It was a hot evening and the costume is very thick. You enjoyed playing in Mimi and Dado's kitchen. There were several pots and pans pulled out that I am sure haven't been taken out of the cabinets in years!! Mom and Dad don't cook much anymore!
You were a lion for Halloween. We went to the Sierra Vista Trunk or Treat event, but you didn't get any candy. I made an executive decision and decided you didn't need any candy and either did I, so we just strolled around. After Trunk or Treat, we went to Marcie and big Lane's house to show them your costume. I guess you got hot sitting in the stroller and car seat in your thick, lion costume, because you barfed all over the costume and my car when I was getting you out of the car. My little lion!! Oh my!! Needless to say, the trick-or-treating was over. I will count that as a trick for you. The score is Lane - 1, Mommy - 0. :) I loved your costume so much. It reminded me of my three years as Leo the Lion at Waco High. W-A-C-O High!!
You are just the best thing that has ever happened to us and we can't imagine life without you, Catfish. Happy 13 months. May it be very lucky for you.
Know that you are loved,
Mommy
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment