Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lane's 12 month checkup and goodbye to Dr. Herbert's clinic

Lane had his 12-month check up and shots today. I know this may not be very interesting for my 'audience/readers', but I plan on getting this blog turned into book format one day, so this is for posterity or something like that. Lane was a brave boy when he got his four shots. It about broke my heart. He is doing well on growth. 21 pounds, 13 ounces puts him in the 25th percentile. 29'' is the 40th percentile for height and his head circumferance is 18 1/2'', which is the 75th percentile. He has to have a big head for all the big brains!! He is really snotty right now so he will be seeing a pediatric allergy doc next week. I hope he doesn't have bad allergies like Leland and me. :(
This was our last visit at Dr. Hebert's office. He is retiring and closing his clinic on 10/31/2012. We are looking for a new pediatrician now. We are sad to leave Dr. H. He was also Leland's pedi. He is a calm, sweet man that truly cares about children. I really felt like Lane was in good hands under his care. When we were worried that Lane wasn't eating enough he immediately got us in the office when Lane was 4 days old to weigh him. I think we were at his office three times the first week of Lane's life. He helped calm our nerves. I went and peeked in his office this afternoon when I was following Lane around while we were waiting on paperwork. Dr. H graduated from Baylor in 1968 for undergrad and my grandaddy's signature is on his diploma. It makes me proud to see that signature no matter how many times I see it on someone's diploma hanging on an office wall. I don't have any pics from today. I was so busy entertaining Lane and holding him down for shots that I couldn't get out the camera. We're going to miss you Dr. Herbert. Best wishes for a relaxing retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment