Lane is here! Leland and I are so excited to announce the birth of our son, Lane Scott Lacy on 10/13/11 at 11:08 AM, 6 pounds, 9.9 ounces, 19''. The labor and delivery went well. I went into labor at 12:45 AM on 10/13 and we headed to the hospital around 3:45 AM. I was admitted and went to a labor and delivery room. We listened to music and labored with our doulas, Pam and Evelyn, and tried to relax and wait for the right time to push. I decided to go forward with an epidural and received one around 6AM. I was scared that the needle would hurt, but it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I was surprised at how completely numb the epidural made me feel. I guess I didn't know what to expect. I began pushing around 10 AM and Lane made his appearance at 11:08 AM. He was perfect to me the first minute I saw him and of course, we cried and thanked God for our little pumpkin. Our parents were all there in the waiting room and got to meet him after we got to spend a little time with him. Aunt Haley and Uncle Harv came later to meet Lane. We were so fortunate to spend two nights in the hospital. Our fabulous doctor, Dr. Hajovsky, likes her first time mommies to spend two nights in the hospital. We were so thankful! The WONDERFUL staff and nurses took such good care of me, Leland, and Lane. They were truly exceptional. We were discharged from the hospital around noon on 10/15. I felt a whirlwind of emotion upon discharge. My hormones were going crazy! I was a little nervous about going home. It was a little overwhelming. Lane's first night at home was not as smooth as we had hoped. He cried all night long! We are hoping and PRAYING for a better night tonight. Thank you for all the prayers, phone calls, flowers, visits, emails, and FB posts. We hope to post new pics soon.
In Denial
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment