Thursday, February 3, 2011

Burrr!!!






Folks, it's cold here in West Central Texas! The hubby is off work today and snuggling by the fire with the super-snuggler, AKA Lefty Lacy. The schools have been starting late this week and there have been some brown-outs and black-outs due to high electricity demand. Unfortunately, I have had many appraisals due this week and no sympathy from the out-of-town appraisal management companies. :( I have plugged on and it has actually been a blessing because now I feel caught up. The sleet started to fall on Tuesday morning around 4AM. I went to let Lefty out around 4:30 AM and it was slushy. By the time I took her out again at 7:30 AM, it was solid ice. It has snowed on and off since Tuesday and our HIGH temps have been around 23 with wind chills around 5 degrees and dipping as low as negative 1 degree. I am loving it! I love cold weather....but not necessarily ice. It makes me nervous on the road....mostly because I am scared of other idiots who drive too fast on the ice. Hope you're staying warm out there wherever you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment