Last week I went to Houston for an appraisal class and stayed with my friends Allison and Chad in Cypress. We had a great visit! The best part was getting to spend time with their two babies - 2 year-old Drew and 2-month old, Brooke. They are two very sweet babies. Drew has brown curly hair and Brooke has reddish-strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. I enjoyed reading to Drew and playing catch with him. I also enjoyed learning about how to take care of a newborn. This was the longest consecutive time I have ever spent with a newborn. Allison was so patient and answered all my questions and showed me the ropes! She is a great mommy. Chad is a great dad. They really do a wonderful job of splitting the responsibilities in the house. They even alternate nights when they check on the baby. I like that idea!
I got my fix for 'city' food. I went to Pei Wei and Chipotle in Houston. It's probably a good thing we don't have a Chipotle in San Angelo b/c I recently found out that the salad I like there has about 900 calories. Holy guacamole! I am also pretty sure that the dish I order at Pei Wei (Dan dan noodle bowl) is chock-full of calories also, so I am going to remain blissfully ignorant on that issue.
I don't have any pics from last week....just lots of sweet memories. Thanks for all your hospitality, Allison and Chad!
In Denial
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment